East Timor Bibliography
Other East Timor Project Publications
Recommended Further Reading
- Yale Law School Project Representing Children Worldwide/Timor-Leste
- Laura Meitzner Yoder, Adat: Community Life in the Oecusse Enclave
- Carmel Budiardjo and Liem Soei Liong, The War Against East Timor, London, Zed, 1984.
- Burr, William, and Michael L. Evans, eds. East Timor Revisited: Ford, Kissinger and the Indonesian Invasion, 1975-76, National Security Archive, Washington, D.C., 2001.
- Peter Carey, historical introduction to Generations of Resistance: East Timor, with photographs by Steve Cox, London, Cassell, 1995.
- Peter Carey, “Third-World Colonialism, the Geração Foun, and the Birth of a New Nation: Indonesia through East Timorese Eyes, 1975-99,” Indonesia 76 (Oct. 2003), 23-67.
- Peter Carey, “East Timor under Indonesian Occupation, 1975-99,” in Handbook on Terrorism and Insurgency, ed. Andrew Tan. Malvern, 2006.
- James Dunn, Timor: A People Betrayed, Milton, Qld., Jacaranda, 1983.
- Helen M. Hill, Stirrings of Nationalism in East Timor: Fretilin 1974-1978, Sydney, Otford, 2002.
- Jill Jolliffe, East Timor: Nationalism and Colonialism, St. Lucia, University of Queensland Press, 1978.
- Arnold S. Kohen, From the Place of the Dead: The Epic Struggles of Bishop Belo of East Timor, New York, St. Martin’s Griffin, 1999.
- John G. Taylor, East Timor: The Price of Freedom, London, Zed, 1999
- Bitter Flowers, Sweet Flowers: East Timor, Indonesia, and the World Community
- East Timor’s Political Parties, a guide by Pat Walsh (2001)
- Gendercide Watch: Case Study on East Timor
- Human Rights Watch: April 1999 Report on Indonesia and the Militias Tribunal Documentation
- Tapol report, East Timor under the Indonesian Jackboot
- East Timor’s Commission for Reception, Truth and Reconciliation (CAVR)
- UC Berkeley War Crimes Studies Center, “East Timor and Indonesia” tribunal documents
- David Cohen’s report to the ICTJ on the Jakarta trials
- “What of Truth Commission for East Timor?” (Jakarta Post, Jan. 10, 2005)
- ICTJ 2008 Report on the Commission of Truth and Friendship
- The Yale East Timor Project
- Annual Report 2001
- Reports 2002-2004
- ‘Life After Genocide’ (Yale Alumni Magazine, Nov.-Dec. 2003)
- Bishop Paul Moore, Jr.
- ‘East Timor: Indonesia’s Actions ‘Genocide,’ says expert’
- “Situation in East Timor a Tragedy” (Yale Daily News, Nov. 18, 1999)
- “Experts Discuss East Timor” (Yale Daily News, March 7, 1997)
- “Reporter Charges U.S. Officials with ‘Genocide’ Support” (Yale Daily News, Oct. 31, 1995)